We are the Drewery's - Lonnie, Amy, Emily and Gloria. We are living our dreams and striving to fulfill God's purpose for our family. We are incredibly blessed - Life is Good.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's ALL important to Him!

Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again, Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.   The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.    Philippians 4:4-7


My prayer life has faltered over the last few weeks.  I guess I could blame it on the busyness of Summer, the fact that we have been out of our routine, etc., etc.  I've also thought, 'Things are going really well for our family - we don't have that much to pray for'.  Why is it that I have only been on my knees lately for really bad stuff, ie: friends with family members that are dying of cancer, etc.?  Yes, we are incredibly blessed.  Our immediate and extended family is healthy, we are all employed, we are blessed beyond measure and don't have many worries, right?  Well, the last part of that sentence isn't exactly true.  I was tossing and turning most of the night last night.  My mind was churning about several things - a couple of my clients that are having troubles, the spats seem to be elevating day by day between Gloria and Emily, Gloria's long-term health, Emily's soccer tournament and a few other 'small' things.  For some reason I have a tough time turning these 'small' things over to Him.  I was even compelled to wake up a couple of times in the night and pray for those things on my mind.   I really feel as if He was reminding me that those little things are important to Him, to0.  

'Consider the ravens, they do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.  And how much more valuable you are than birds!'  Luke 12:24

What a blessing - our Lord wants us to cast ALL of our burdens on him, no matter how large or small.  If we trust him with major things, why would we not give him the minor things as well? .    

0 comments:


About Me

What we're up to this week...





________________
Add this to your site

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map