We are the Drewery's - Lonnie, Amy, Emily and Gloria. We are living our dreams and striving to fulfill God's purpose for our family. We are incredibly blessed - Life is Good.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Maybe the Lord has another plan for me today...

 I have decided to stop going to Starbucks when I need to get some work done.  As I type this, I'm listening to a young guy serenade me with Josh Groban's 'Raise me up' with his guitar. 


 It's a long story.  See, when I have to get out of the house, I take my mobile office elsewhere.  The last couple of times I've ended up at Starbucks, for some reason, people approach me and want to talk.  One day, it was a guy who wanted to talk soccer.  Another time, it was a 80-something year-old lady that said I reminded her of her daughter (2 hours later I think we were best of friends).  

Well, today the weather is crummy, cold and rainy.  Vicki is cleaning the house, so I left to get out of her way.  I'm sitting in Starbucks, typing away on my computer making some real headway, and a guy walks in with his guitar.  The guy working in the comfy chair next to me seems obviously annoyed, packs up his stuff and leaves.   There are probably 8-10 other people in here, but guess where the guitar-toting fellow decides to sit?  Don't I LOOK busy?  HELLO!!!!    My inner voice told me to avoid eye-contact.  It didn't help.  he says, 'hey, do you like country music?'  'Sure' I said, not expecting what came next.  He pulled out his guitar and began playing and singing the latest  Brad Paisley song!!!  Can you say BOLD?  After my initial shock,  I asked him if he knew any Christian music - he played Casting Crowns and   y did some beautiful Vince Gill as well.  Ends up, he's 20 years old and works as a waiter at Culpepper's.   Yes, we're great friends now, too.  

Being approachable is good news/bad news.  The truth is, it gave me an opportunity to witness.  I'm not sure if he's a believer or not, but I'll err on the side of no.    I've invited him to our church - we'll see!
 
Now it's time to pick the kids up from school and I haven't accomplished much today - well, maybe I made a difference - it's worth it.  

0 comments:


About Me

What we're up to this week...





________________
Add this to your site

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map