We are the Drewery's - Lonnie, Amy, Emily and Gloria. We are living our dreams and striving to fulfill God's purpose for our family. We are incredibly blessed - Life is Good.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Do things really start to fall apart when you turn 40?

I hit the big 4-0 last week.  My birthday has always been a bit anti-climactic, as it falls just 9 days after Christmas.  Everyone (including me) is just about partied out from the holidays when January 3rd rolls around.  That's not to say that my family hasn't always done a great job of making it memorable, but it's not like having a birthday in July (like my darling husband).  


Anyway, this year I was more than happy to let it slide right on by without any recognition.  I even forewarned Lonnie and my parents against any 'surprise' festivities.  My mother seemed a bit hurt, but I think Lonnie was quite relieved.  

The most memorable birthday occurrence this year happened at the DMV in Rockwall.  I went to renew my drivers license (yes, I waited until the last possible moment).  I actually failed the vision test and they would not allow me to renew my license until I saw the eye doctor!  Well, I now have a restriction on my license and cannot 'legally' drive without my glasses.  Boy, was I bummed!  

Several days later, it's not so bad.  I've actually gotten used to them.  Gloria told me I look 'smart' and one of the students at church said my new glasses are 'hot'.  I'll take that. 

0 comments:


About Me

What we're up to this week...





________________
Add this to your site

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map