We are the Drewery's - Lonnie, Amy, Emily and Gloria. We are living our dreams and striving to fulfill God's purpose for our family. We are incredibly blessed - Life is Good.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The 'perfect' Christmas card

This year I tried more than ever to enjoy the moment and not get stressed out about all of the things I had to do in order to get ready for the holidays.  One of those things on my 'list' happen to be pictures for our annual Drewery Christmas card.  In years past, we I have taken the girls' pictures at church.  They always sing in the 'Hanging of the Green' ceremony the weekend after Thanksgiving.  The church sanctuary is all decked out in greenery and poinsettias. The girls are already dressed in their Christmas outfits, so it works out great...  unless someone decides not to cooperate.  Perfect hair, perfect outfits, perfect background - as I was trying to convince the girls to smile and stop punching each other, I could feel my blood starting to boil. 'We have to have the perfect picture for our Christmas cards!!   What is Christmas without that perfect picture!'   Just as I started to lose it, my friend Terrie came by and smiled, making light of the situation.  I can't even remember what she said, but I know that she was there to remind me that it's not about 'perfection' this season.  I was beginning to focus on the wrong thing - thank you Terrie for your smile and kind words at that moment!    I'm getting better.  As I look back on this Christmas, I am grateful for family and the blessings that we receive.  It's about simplicity. I am beginning to appreciate it more and more.  


As for the Christmas cards, we took some shots right before leaving for church that night - it worked out just fine!!

0 comments:


About Me

What we're up to this week...





________________
Add this to your site

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map