1. When Gloria showed me the signature she is going to use 'when she's famous'.
2. Watching Em shine with confidence out on the soccer field.
3. Hearing about Glo's first stint as goalie - she didn't allow a single goal!
4. Walking up to a group of praying youth when picking Em up from a church Youth event tonight.
5. Eating the fish that my sweet hubby caught and fried.
6. Listening the Glo practice 'How Great is Our God' on her guitar.
7. Riding with my sweet friend Samantha, her daughter Lauren and Em to the game yesterday. Even though it seemed as if we had to drive to Oklahoma, it was fun to laugh and have good company.
8. Both Glo and Em WON their soccer games!
9. Hearing a first grader at Sunday School say, 'You mean Jesus didn't have an XBox???'
10. Feeling blessed beyond measure and finding happiness in the simple things.
Life is Good
We are the Drewery's - Lonnie, Amy, Emily and Gloria. We are living our dreams and striving to fulfill God's purpose for our family. We are incredibly blessed - Life is Good.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Posted by Amy at 8:04 PM
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Over the Labor Day weekend, Sting ’97 Blue went 5-0 as it claimed the Austin Labor Day Tournament Silver Division Championship. Sting ’97 Blue scored 10 goals throughout the tournament without conceding a single goal for an opposing team. Sting opened the tournament with a dominating performance against Eclipse ’97 Black, winning the match 3-0. Later that day, Sting faced a much tougher test as it went up against Austin Capitals ’97. In a hard fought, physical contest Sting was determined to come away victorious as it held on to a 1-0 win against the hometown Capitals. Sting ’97 Blue continued their winning ways the next day as they defeated National Fusion ’97, 4-0, in the third match. With three wins and zero losses, Sting advanced to the semifinals where they would face TX Rush ’97 Nike Blue. The game went back and forth and at the end of regulation neither team was able to find the back of the net. The match went straight into penalty kicks where Sting ’97 Blue prevailed converting on 5 of their kicks against 4 makes for TX Rush. In the Championship match, Sting ’97 came out hard and determined to walk away as tournament champions. And with stellar defense, as they displayed throughout the tournament, and timely offense, Sting did just that as they won the Championship with a 2-0 victory against AHFC ’97 Blue. Congratulations girls on a great tournament win!!!
Sting ’97 Blue Wins Austin Labor Day Tournament
2009-09-18 - Jason Henderson
Congratulations girls on a great tournament win!!!
Posted by Amy at 10:24 AM
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Posted by Amy at 9:48 PM
Posted by Amy at 9:46 PM
Emily recently performed in her last children's choir program EVER at church!! She was a dancer in the VBS musical as well. For perfect attendance in 6th grade choir, she received her very own hymnal engraved with her name (mom cut off the name in the photo - ugh). It's hard to believe that Em will be moving into the youth department in a couple of weeks as she transitions into middle school! No more Wednesday night choir and GA's - a new chapter in her life. I'm afraid this is just the beginning of many milestones we'll encounter over the next few weeks - stay tuned!
Posted by Amy at 9:42 PM
Posted by Amy at 9:41 PM
Add this to your site
Some of my favorite sites
My Blog List
- ▼ September (2)
- ► 2008 (129)